How to Register
Register online, call Customer Success, or contact your HR or training department for your company’s specific registration process.
To register online, go to your designation page, scroll to your course, then select BUY EXAM. Select your exam window and choose On-site or Prometric.
Scheduling Your Exam
You must schedule an exam appointment. We suggest scheduling early in the testing window in case you need to reschedule or retake. Students are responsible for all missed appointments. If your employer has an approved on-site testing center, connect with your training department to schedule your exam.
Schedule your Prometric appointment at Prometric.com or call (877) 311-2525. You will need:
- Your Student ID number (AKA Candidate ID number).
- Your name as it appears in your account on The Institutes’ website.*
*If the name on your photo ID does not match the name in the account, do not proceed further; contact The Institutes immediately.
- The name and number of The Institutes’ course. For example AINS 21, AAI 81, or CPCU 540.
- The name of your testing center. Find a list of testing centers at Prometric.com
- Your daytime telephone number and e-mail address
The day after making an appointment, visit the Prometric website to verify and print a copy of your appointment information to take to the test center. Call Prometric immediately if there is a discrepancy.
Preparing for Your In-Person Exam
- Familiarize yourself with the testing center location and address before the day of your exam.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your exam appointment to find parking, check in, and complete security.
- You must present valid, government-issued identification that contains BOTH a photograph and a signature. The name on your ID must exactly match your name as it appears on the examination confirmation notice
- All in-person exams are proctored live. You will have 65 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions.
- Visitors and companions are not permitted to wait in the testing center.
Exam Registration Booklet includes more details on the registration process and testing for in-person exams.