Description of Service
The Website consists of several sections, some of which may have restricted access. Respect the security of this Website. Do not attempt to gain access to areas private to The Institutes, its students, certificate holders, designees or customers.
The entire contents and design of the Website, including all trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, documents, study guides and other education materials, exam questions and materials, databases, graphic representations, and other information, are the property of The Institutes, or are used by The Institutes with permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws, whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. Except as otherwise provided herein, users of the Website may save and use information contained on the Website only for personal or other non-commercial, educational purposes. No other use, including, without limitation, reproduction, retransmission, or editing, of Website information may be made without the prior written permission of The Institutes, which may be requested by contacting The Institutes at CUSTOMERSUCCESS@THEINSTITUTES.ORG
Anyone who believes that material posted on The Institutes Website infringes on his or her (or their organization’s) copyrighted work should refer to the Procedures for Requesting Removal of Infringing Material.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall The Institutes or its officers, directors, members, staff, or agents be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the Website or any content appearing on the Website.
The Institutes is providing information and services on this Website as a benefit and service in furtherance of The Institutes non-profit and tax-exempt status. The Institutes makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within the Website, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the Website are for general information only. Unless specifically stated otherwise, The Institutes does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the Website, and information from the Website should not be referenced in any way to imply such endorsement or approval. Moreover, The Institutes makes no warranty that the Website, or the server that makes it available, is free from viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. The Institutes expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use the Website or the information presented on the Website. In any jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, The Institutes liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Links or pointers connecting the Website with other Internet sites are provided as a courtesy only and do not imply, directly or indirectly, the endorsement, sponsorship, or approval by The Institutes of the linked site, the organization or individual operating the linked site, or any product, service, individual, or organization referenced in the linked site. In general, any website that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “theinstitutes.org” is a linked site. The content of any linked site does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards, or policies of The Institutes. Linked sites are not under the control of The Institutes, and The Institutes is not responsible for the content of any linked site, any links contained within a linked site, any changes or updates to such sites, or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked sites.
Choice of Law and Forum
This Agreement is entered into and performed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of Pennsylvania, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to the Website, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
Discussions & Public Forums
- Respect other visitors to this Website. Feel free to express yourself, but do not do anything to injure or harm others. Users are expected to exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit from this Website. Defamatory, obscene, and other offensive communications are not acceptable forms of communication over this Website and could lead to liability for those engaging in such improper communication.
- Do not use The Institutes Website to conduct activities that may be illegal. The Institutes’ Website may not be used to encourage anything to do with illegal drugs, gambling, pornography, prostitution, child pornography, robbery, spreading computer viruses, cracking into private computer forums, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, or other crimes.
- Do not use The Institutes Website to defame or disparage The Institutes, its affiliates or subsidiaries or any other persons.
- Do not use The Institutes Website to communicate with competitors about prices or terms of service or otherwise communicate in a way that may provide the basis for an inference that users agreed to take any action relating to prices, services, production, allocation of markets or any other matter having a market effect. Be sensitive to other matters that may raise particular antitrust concern such as codes of ethics, fees, billing practices, and product standardization.
- Do not upload or distribute files subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights except with the express consent of the owner of the rights. Anyone who believes that material posted on The Institutes Website infringes on his or her (or their organization’s) copyrighted work should refer to the Procedures for Requesting Removal of Infringing Material.
- This Website may not be used in a manner that violates The Institutes’ bylaws or any of its other policies, procedures, rules or regulations.
- Information posted on this Website will not be treated as confidential. In fact, since this Website's communications may be downloaded without the knowledge of the sender(s), users should use care when posting or sending communications.