Apply for a CPCU Waiver
The Institutes will grant college students up to two waivers toward the CPCU designation for college work provided the college student earned a grade of a B (or better) in an approved course. Select your university, the course taken, then upload your transcript to apply. Waiver applications must be submitted within 5 years of the semester for which the waiver credit is being requested.Apply for CPCU waiver
Risk Management and Insurance Workplace Readiness
To help new students interested in risk management and insurance, The Institutes offer an eight-week, self-paced online training program. When you finish, you’ll receive a certificate of completion that can be noted on your resume, to show prospective employers that you are ready to get to work!
What is CPCU?
CPCU® is the leading professional designation for property-casualty insurance professionals and the most popular Institutes designation. You can start earning your CPCU now, while completing your college courses.
The premier professional association for the risk management and property-casualty insurance industry, the CPCU Society offers student members countless opportunities to gain exposure and develop crucial skills through mentoring, volunteer opportunities and access to industry knowledge. Students receive deeply discounted membership rates when joining.Learn more about CPCU
If you’re an instructor, you can register your courses with The Institutes so that your students receive CPCU credit for their courses. You may also add courses or apply if your school is not yet part of the program.Register your classes
Can the CPCU help advance my academic studies?
Make the most of your Institutes studies as you plan and prepare for your future career.
Did you know that you can leverage your CPCU and Institutes risk management and insurance studies toward a college degree? Using your Institutes studies may enable you to earn a degree sooner than you thought.
- Ashford University: Earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration or organizational management.
- Baker College–Center for Graduate Studies
- Boston University: Earn a master’s degree in insurance management.
- Capella University: Earn a Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, of a Master of Business Administration.
- Central Penn College: Earn an associates or bachelor's degree.
- Charter Oak State College: Earn an online bachelors of arts or science degree in liberal arts, business administration.
- Colorado State University–Global Campus: Earn your bachelor's or master's degree.
- DeVry University: Earn a bachelor's degree.
- Excelsior College: Earn an associate’s degree, a bachelor's degree or an online MBA.
- Franklin University: Earn an undergraduate degree.
- New England College of Business and Finance: Earn an associate's, bachelors or master's degree.
- Olivet College: Earn an undergraduate degree or MBA.
- Salve Regina University: Earn a Master of Science or MBA.
- Trident University: Earn a bachelors, masters or doctoral degree.
- Walden University: Earn a Bachelor of Science, MBA, or PhD.
Credits accepted are subject to change without notice. Please verify credit arrangements with individual institutions. You can view the current American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendations here.See ACE college credit recommendations
Approval from the American Council on Education for college credit
The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) evaluated fifteen of The Institutes’ courses in March 2019. Approved courses and designation programs include:
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
View the full list of Institutes courses reviewed by ACE CREDIT. Please note that some of the approved Institutes courses are no longer offered, but if they were formerly completed, the earned credit may still be applied toward your college degree.
See Institutes' courses approved by ACE
CPCU Designation Scholarship Program
Each year, The Institutes offers 100 scholarships for the CPCU Designation Scholarship Program as a way to give back to the industry and encourage the pursuit of professional development. This scholarship covers the cost of:
- CPCU study materials
- CPCU exam fees
- Waiver fees (for qualifying external coursework)
Recipients will also receive:
- Discount on CPCU Society membership
- Special recognition on The Institutes’ website
- Special recognition at conferment at In2Risk