Try the Associate in Claims for Free
Sample the all-new AIC with this 30-45 minute free micro-course to make sure it’s the right fit for you.
Sample AIC for Free
Free Micro Course
Online AIC Micro-Course
- The Evolving Role of the Claims Professional
- Communicating and Collaborating with Claimants
- The Expanding Universe of Claims Data
- Evaluating Psychological Injury Claims
- Products Liability Claims
- Investigating and Documenting Property Claims
- Average Completion Time
- 30-45 Minutes
Add Top Skills to Your Resume
See what skills you'll gain from the all-new Associate in Claims (AIC) in this short video.
Claims Skills You Can Use Right Away
Earn your Associate in Claims (AIC) so you can:
- Settle claims effectively and accurately
- Effectively interview witnesses and experts
- Build trust with claimants
- Understand and apply the legal side of claims
- Gain hand-on skills specific to your specialty
Score Higher with Exam Prep Tools
Check out this short video to learn more about the proven exam prep materials you'll get to help you take your exam with confidence.
Score Higher with Our Exam Prep Materials
Comprehensive Exam Prep Tools Include:
- Printable study outline
- Practice quizzes
- Simulated exam
- Discussion boards
Associate in Claims (AIC) at a Glance
Gain on-the-job skills you can use right away with the AIC designation. Program details include:
- 3 courses, plus ethics
- 9-12 months to complete
- 100% online courses
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Claims Handling
- Claims Resolution
- Claim Investigation
- Fraud Prevention
- Data Analysis
- Inter-departmental Collaboration
Build your foundation through claims practices and better navigating legal aspects of claims:
Choose one of the following electives to hone your claims-specific focus area:
- AIC 302: Successfully Evaluating Auto Claims
- AIC 303: Successfully Evaluating Liability Claims
- AIC 304: Successfully Evaluating Property Claims
- AIC 305: Successfully Evaluating Workers Compensation Claims
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that’s required for all designations, including AIC. If you’re interested in CPCU, complete Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs.
The new AIC exams are currently in the process of being filed for CE. Go here to check the CE status specific to your state and licensing needs.
- How to effectively execute the claims handling process so you can reach fair settlements
- Best practices you can use to build customer loyalty and minimize insurer reputation risk
- How to best use data analytics and technology so you can recognize and prevent fraud
- Interviewing strategies so you get the details you need from claimants, witnesses, and experts
- Proven techniques to resolve claims disputes outside of court to eliminate extra time and hassle
- How to effectively evaluate auto, liability, property, or workers compensation claims based on your focus
Credentials You Can Trust
60,000+ have earned the Associate in Claims (AIC)
50+ years since the Associate in Claims (AIC) was created
110+ years of The Institutes providing well-known risk management and insurance training
Content is loading...
Still Wondering if AIC is Right for You?
Can I sample the course material before I purchase?
Yes! There’s a 30-45 minute free micro-course to give you a sample of the AIC course material.
What’s included in my course materials?
Your course materials include the online interactive course, printable study outline, practice quizzes, discussion boards, relevant articles, flashcards, and a simulated exam.
Does earning this designation give me credit toward others?
Yes! Completing this program may earn you credit toward:
How is the exam structured?
All AIC exams are virtual exams, which allow you to take them any time, any where, that is convenient for you within a designated testing window. AIC virtual exams are timed, and you have 65 minutes to complete 50 multiple-choice questions.
How do testing windows work?
We offer exams in 4 testing windows throughout the year. You can complete your exam at any time in the testing window that you registered for. Access your exam from your account when the window opens and complete any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the final day of the window.
- Quarter 1: January 15 – March 15
- Quarter 2: April 15 – June 15
- Quarter 3: July 15 – September 15
- Quarter 4: October 15 – December 15
Who should take the Associate in Insurance (AIC)?
AIC is for anyone looking to grow in the claims field, either to get better at their current job or to be considered for new job opportunities.
Not Ready for AIC? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Property Technical Certificate I.
Exceed customer expectations and set yourself apart as a qualified professional by effectively managing property losses resulting from fire, water, and windstorm. Expand on your skills to properly investigate, scope, and estimate a property loss.