AIT at a Glance
Gain on-the-job skills you can use right away with the AIT designation.
Program details include:
- 3 courses, plus ethics
- 9-15 month completion time
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Insurance Operations
- Risk Assessment
- Loss Control
- Insurance Regulation
- Big Data Analytics
- Predictive Modeling
- Data Integration
- Cyber Risk Management
Improve your ability to support critical insurance operations and functions across the enterprise with the following courses:
- AIDA 181: Big Data Analytics for Risk and Insurance
- AIT 24: General Insurance for IT and Support Professionals
- Cyber 301: Managing Cyber Risk
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that’s required for all designations, including AIT.
- Stay up to date with current technology trends so you can recommend effective risk management techniques.
- Analyze large quantities of data so you can make strategic claims and underwriting decisions.
- Analyze common loss exposures so you can determine an appropriate coverage approach.
- Recognize different insurance distribution systems to better understand the relationships between the various parties involved in insurance transactions.
- Identify evolving cyber risks so you can help organizations protect their physical and intellectual property.
Still Wondering if AIT is Right for You?
Here are some final facts to help you decide if this is the right designation for your role as well as your future career goals.
Who should take AIT?
- Agency Personnel
- Agency Principals
- Automation Project Team Members
- Claims Representatives
- IT Staff
- Line of Business Managers
- Support and General Office Staff
Does earning this designation give me credit toward others?
Completing this program may earn you credit toward:
Are there public classes available for this designation?
For select designations and courses, instructor-led classes are available both in-person and online. Find out if this designation has classes available near you.
Start Your Learning Journey
Do you want to advance your career and become a leader in your field? Then it’s time to pursue a designation from The Institutes.
Conquer Exam Day
We understand that exam day can be stressful, so we’ve put together this overview of what you can expect.
Leverage Your New Skills
Highlighting and displaying your achievement is critical for opening up networking and business opportunities.
When you're working toward your educational goals, it's important to stay focused and create a schedule that works for you.
That’s why you can quickly and easily access your online courses online, anytime, so you can get what you need to develop the skills your role requires.
Within your online course you will have access to:
- Course assignments
- Glossary of key terms
- Practice exams and more
Is a Designation Worth It?
If you have questions about whether to pursue a designation versus an MBA, why our students choose The Institutes Designations programs, or where to begin, we’ve got the answers! Download our guide, “Take Your Career to the Next Level,” to learn why a designation is worth the investment.
Not Ready for AIT? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Associate in Insurance Data Analytics.
Enhance your ability to serve and retain customers by gaining knowledge of predictive risk modeling and big data applications for risk management and insurance.