Associate in Premium Auditing (APA) at a Glance
Gain on-the-job skills you can use right away with the APA designation.
Program details include:
- 4 courses, plus ethics
- 12-15 month completion time
- 100% online courses
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills
- Financial Audits
- Loss Mitigation
- Financial Reporting
- Audit Reports
- Exposure Assessment
- Workers Compensation
- Automobile Liability
Build your foundation of premium auditing and insurance operations:
- APA 320: Understanding Premium Auditing
- APA 321: Auditing Premiums for Insurance Products
- CPCU 520: Connecting the Business of Insurance Operations
Choose one of the following electives:
- CPCU 540: Impacting the Bottom Line of Insurance Financials
- CPCU 552: Addressing Commercial Liability Risk
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that’s required for all designations, including APA. If you’re interested in CPCU, complete Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs.
- Help insurers sustain profits and fair treatment of insureds by understanding the premium auditing process.
- Effectively review an organization’s business operations and culture to identify loss exposures that affect the premium audit.
- Create reports that assist insurers and future auditors in determining final earned premiums.
- Understand the components and methods of ratemaking that influence the premium for commercial policies.
- Identify the right exposure classifications and premiums for major business groups with new knowledge of CGL policies and endorsements.
- Examine the exposure measures insurers use to determine commercial auto liability and physical damage premiums.
Currently enrolled in APA?
Purchase expiring exams and learn more about waivers. Students enrolled in expiring APA courses have until June 15, 2023 to test on expiring materials.
Still Wondering if APA is Right for You?
Here are some final facts to help you decide if this is the right designation for your role as well as your future career goals.
Who should take APA?
- Premium auditors
- Premium auditor trainees
Does earning this designation give me credit toward others?
Completing this program may earn you credit towards:
Are there public classes available for this designation?
For select designations and courses, instructor-led classes are available both in-person and online. Find out if this designation has classes available near you.
Start Your Learning Journey
Do you want to advance your career and become a leader in your field? Then it’s time to pursue a designation from The Institutes.
Conquer Exam Day
We understand that exam day can be stressful, so we’ve put together this overview of what you can expect.
Leverage Your New Skills
Highlighting and displaying your achievement is critical for opening up networking and business opportunities.
When you're working toward your educational goals, it's important to stay focused and create a schedule that works for you.
That’s why you can quickly and easily access your online courses online, anytime, so you can get what you need to develop the skills your role requires.
Within your online course you will have access to:
- Course assignments
- Glossary of key terms
- Practice exams and more
Is a Designation Worth It?
If you have questions about whether to pursue a designation versus an MBA, why our students choose The Institutes Designations programs, or where to begin, we’ve got the answers! Download our guide, “Take Your Career to the Next Level,” to learn why a designation is worth the investment.
Not Ready for APA? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Gain a basic understanding of risk management and insurance concepts. Learn key terms and definitions, understand the different types of insurance, and explore how insurance affects society and the economy.