25+ professional designations offered by The Institutes.
100+ courses to help you further your risk management and insurance education.
150,000+ insurance practitioners worldwide learn from The Institutes.
Flexible learning options
Gain valuable expertise with The Institutes Designations, certificate programs, and topic courses that take your career to the next level.
Which educational path is a fit for me?
Your educational path can vary by your role and the requirements of your company. Talk to the professional development coordinator in your organization to learn more, or explore the courses and resources we offer for individual career paths.
5 steps to advance your career and expand your knowledge
1. Review our programs and courses
We offer everything from introductory courses to executive-level training and can help you find the path that’s right for you.
2. Talk to your employer
Many employers offer financial support for our courses. Talk to your manager, human resources or training director about how you can get started.
3. Order course materials
We offer over 100 courses that are designed to help you move forward in your career or simply learn more about topics that interest you. Remember to talk to your employer before making a purchase, as they might offer financial support.
4. Choose your study options
Our courses are designed for you to take control of when, where, and how you study. Whether you choose to study independently, with a buddy, or in some cases, with an in-person class, your schedule is up to you.
5. Register for your exam
If you’re preparing for a designation, we encourage you to build a study plan that’s tailored to your exam window. There are four exam windows per year, and you can complete your exam at any time in an open window, from any location with an internet connection.Have more questions? Check out our FAQS
Tips and Tricks to Hit Your Goals
- Stay focused on your goal. Set up visual reminders, like post-it notes and screensavers to remind you why you started this journey.
- Create a support group of family and friends by sharing your career and educational goals. Their support and encouragement can help you stay motivated throughout your studies.
- Establish milestones, small, achievable goals, and deadlines to keep yourself on track.
- Check out our sample study plan to help you prepare for your next exam.
Ready, Set, Study!
The Institutes offer a variety of tools and formats to help you study. In fact, students who use The Institutes' study materials score, on average, two to five points higher on exams.
- Educational objectives—The start of each learning module begins with a clear and concise educational objective that explains what you should know and understand by the end.
- Knowledge checks—Immediately apply the concepts you've learned with short question and feedback sections throughout the course.
- Practice exams—Test your knowledge with these multiple-choice questions that simulate the types of questions used on our credentialing exams.
Find a Study Buddy
It's easier to stay motivated and keep up with your work when you have support from an accountability partner. With an accountability partner, you can quiz each other on important terms and concepts, celebrate milestones, and help reach common goals.
Join The Institutes' Chat to connect with other students. There you can learn firsthand what to expect from those who have done it before, find an accountability partner, network, and meet others who can provide support and encouragement.