Not sure if the Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU) is right for you? Sample it with this 10-30 minute free micro-course.
Online AU Micro-Course
- How Technology Has Transformed Underwriting
- How Rates Affect Premium Distribution
- Identifying the Causes of Commercial Property Loss
- COPE Elements
- Analyzing Commercial Liability Loss Exposures
- Average Completion Time
- 10-30 Minutes
Add Skills to Your Resume
Gain skills you can put into practice and add to your resume so you’ll get noticed.
What You’ll Gain with an AU
- Leverage various sources of data to effectively evaluate insurance applications and determine appropriate coverage and premiums
- Analyze commercial financial statements and operations so you can gauge the health of applicants and take on reasonable risks
- Effectively assess business income exposures so you can help protect a customer’s cash flow in the event of a disaster
- Leverage data from telematics so you can more accurately underwrite business auto coverage
Score Higher With Exam Prep Tools
Learn more about the proven exam prep materials included with your course.
Score Higher With Our Exam Prep Materials
Printable Study Outline
Perfect for taking notes, the printable study outline has key points for each assignment and review questions (and answers!) to help you test your knowledge as you move through the course.
Quickly see where your knowledge gaps are with online practice quizzes for each assignment and for the full course. You can take them as many times as you want!
Designed to give you the full experience of your final exam, the simulated exam is a timed exam that you can take only once. It mimics the exam structure and level of questions you’ll find on the actual exam. Students who take their Institutes simulated exam pass their exams at higher rates than students who don’t.
Better understand how concepts you’re learning apply to real-life, professional experiences by connecting, gaining tips, and sharing best practices with other individuals in your field.
Test yourself on key terms with flashcards that help you fit studying into your busy schedule.
AU at a Glance
Gain skills you can use right away with the AU designation. This program includes:
- 4 courses, plus ethics
- 12-15 months to complete
- 100% online courses
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Data Analysis
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Risk Management
- Insurance Operations
- Threat Analysis
- Commercial Underwriting
Gain a comprehensive view of commercial underwriting with these core courses:
- AU 60: Evaluating Commercial Underwriting Risks
- AU 61: Underwriting Organizations’ Property Risks
- AU 62: Underwriting Organizations’ Liability Risks
Expand your strategic thinking and gain credit toward CPCU by choosing one of the courses below:
- CPCU 551: Addressing Commercial Property Risk
- CPCU 552: Addressing Commercial Liability Risk
- CPCU 557: Understanding Commercial Risk
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that’s required for all designations, including AU. If you’re interested in CPCU, complete Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs.
- Understand how emerging technology has transformed underwriting and how to leverage it in your day-to-day work
- Evaluate commercial property loss exposures so you can appropriately select and price risks
- Analyze the full spectrum of liability risks facing an organization so you can accurately determine loss potential
- Determine a property’s level of fire protection so you can ensure coverage is priced properly
- Understand the ins and outs of excess and umbrella liability insurance so you can provide increased limits to customers
Content is loading...
Not Ready for AU? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Captive Insurance Fundamentals.
Elevate your knowledge of captive insurance from a global perspective. Meet your client’s needs and learn the basic captive insurance terminology and concepts, including how to form and operate a captive insurer.