Take the First Step with AINS 101
If you’re new to insurance, AINS 101: Increasing Your Insurance IQ is the first, fast step to building your insurance knowledge and confidence.
In AINS 101, you’ll learn:
- Why we have insurance and how insurers succeed
- How underwriting works and how insurers handle claims
- How insurers reach customers and what goes into an insurance policy
First job in insurance?
If you want to get a broad view of insurance, we recommend taking both AINS 102: Understanding Personal Insurance and AINS 103: Exploring Commercial Insurance. You can take one as your concentration course and one for your elective.
If you know what you’re interested in, you can choose one of the electives below. These courses are more advanced and take an in-depth view of different areas of risk and insurance. You can also credit these elective courses towards additional designations.
- CPCU 500: Managing Evolving Risks
- ARM 400: Risk in an Evolving World
- AIC 30: Claim Handling Principles and Practices
- API 28: Personal Insurance: Underwriting and Marketing Practices
- AU 60: Evaluating Commercial Underwriting Risks