AU-M at a Glance
After you complete the Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU), the AU-M program includes:
- 1 course
- 1-3 months to complete
- 100% online course
- Virtual exam
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Strategic Hiring
- Supervisory Skills
- Business Relationship Management
- Data Analysis
- Strategic Leadership
- Account Management
After completing AU as your foundation, take AU 67: Managing Underwriting Success to gain leadership skills in commercial underwriting. Plus, because you earned your AU first, you've already satisfied the ethics component for AU-M!
- Recruit and develop talent so you can build a high-performing underwriting team and exceed customer expectations
- Align your team’s performance with the insurer’s goals so your employees understand their impact on the organization
- Effectively manage a book of business so you can ensure customers are satisfied with their coverage and experience
Content is loading...
Still Wondering if AU-M is Right for You?
Who should take AU-M?
AU-M is most popular among people in the following roles:
- Commercial Underwriters
- Underwriting Supervisors and Managers
- Line of Business Managers
- Reinsurance Professionals
Does earning this designation give me credit toward other designations?
Yes! Completing AU-M may earn you credit toward the Associate in Insurance Data Analytics (AIDA®) designation.
Not Ready for AU-M? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Management.
Hone your leadership skills and gain a solid understanding of management principles and practices to effectively manage your team, strategically plan initiatives, and make smarter business decisions.
Associate in Commercial Underwriting.
Gain a broadened understanding of advanced underwriting techniques and develop a disciplined approach to underwriting commercial property and liability exposures.