AIAF at a Glance
Gain on-the-job skills you can use right away with the AIAF designation.
Program details include:
- 4 courses, plus ethics
- 12-18 month completion time
- Choice of multiple study packages
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Insurance Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Risk Management
- Internal Audits
- Financial Risk Management
- Capital Management
Build your skills in insurance accounting and finance with the following courses:
- AIAF 114: Insurer Accounting Management
- AIAF 115: Insurer Risk and Capital Management
- CPCU 520: Connecting the Business of Insurance Operations
- CPCU 540: Impacting the Bottom Line of Insurance Financials
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that's required for all designations, including AIAF.
- Assess your organization’s financial strength by better understanding and applying the NAIC Annual Statement.
- Effectively examine premium accounting issues to understand implications they have on insurer financial statements.
- Understand the advantages of risk management so you can apply its benefits to organizations and the overall economy.
- Effectively apply enterprise risk management strategies to operational, financial, and strategic risks in your organization.
- Determine how an insurer implements its credit policy to ensure prompt receipts of payment and to minimize losses from credit defaults.
Still Wondering if AIAF is Right for You?
Here are some final facts to help you decide if this is the right designation for your role as well as your future career goals.
Who should take AIAF?
- Accounting and finance staff
- Line of business managers
Does earning this designation give me credit toward others?
Completing this program may earn you credit toward:
Are there public classes available for this designation?
For select designations and courses, instructor-led classes are available both in-person and online. Find out if this designation has classes available near you.
Start Your Learning Journey
Do you want to advance your career and become a leader in your field? Then it’s time to pursue a designation from The Institutes.
Conquer Exam Day
We understand that exam day can be stressful, so we’ve put together this overview of what you can expect.
Leverage Your New Skills
Highlighting and displaying your achievement is critical for opening up networking and business opportunities.
When you're working toward your educational goals, it's important to stay focused and create a schedule that works for you.
That’s why you can quickly and easily access your online courses online, anytime, so you can get what you need to develop the skills your role requires.
Within your online course you will have access to:
- Course assignments
- Glossary of key terms
- Practice exams and more
Is a Designation Worth It?
If you have questions about whether to pursue a designation versus an MBA, why our students choose The Institutes Designations programs, or where to begin, we’ve got the answers! Download our guide, “Take Your Career to the Next Level,” to learn why a designation is worth the investment.
Not Ready for AIAF? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Gain a basic understanding of risk management and insurance concepts. Learn key terms and definitions, understand the different types of insurance, and explore how insurance affects society and the economy.