ARC at a Glance
Gain on-the-job skills you can use right away with the ARC designation.
Program details include:
- 3 courses, plus ethics
- 9-12 month completion time
- Virtual exams for all courses
- Mailed diploma upon completion
Ready-Made Resume Skills:
- Insurance Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Insurance Regulatory Law
- Insurance Compliance
- Fiduciary Management
Gain a solid understanding of insurance regulatory law and compliance with the following courses:
- AIAF 114: Insurer Accounting Management
- ARC 301: Navigating the Insurance Regulatory Environment
- CPCU 520: Connecting the Business of Insurance Operations
Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance is a free course that’s required for all designations, including ARC.
- Assess your organization’s financial strength by better understanding and applying the NAIC Annual Statement.
- Effectively examine premium accounting issues to understand implications they have on insurer financial statements.
- Understand the different types of rate filings so you can provide guidance for insurers under each of the filing approaches.
- Compare regulatory philosophies related to surplus lines and licensed insurers in the U.S. to determine how a carrier should function under each.
- Solve strategic business challenges with a comprehensive view of the insurance landscape.
Content is loading...
Still Wondering if ARC is Right for You?
Here are some final facts to help you decide if this is the right designation for your role as well as your future career goals.
Who should take ARC?
- Agency principals
- Claims adjusters
- Finance and accounting personnel
- Line of business managers and executives
- Regulatory compliance specialists
- Risk managers
Does earning this designation give me credit toward others?
Completing this program may earn you credit toward:
Are there public classes available for this designation?
For select designations and courses, instructor-led classes are available both in-person and online. Find out if this designation has classes available near you.
Start Your Learning Journey
Do you want to advance your career and become a leader in your field? Then it’s time to pursue a designation from The Institutes.
Conquer Exam Day
We understand that exam day can be stressful, so we’ve put together this overview of what you can expect.
Leverage Your New Skills
Highlighting and displaying your achievement is critical for opening up networking and business opportunities.
When you're working toward your educational goals, it's important to stay focused and create a schedule that works for you.
That’s why you can quickly and easily access your online courses online, anytime, so you can get what you need to develop the skills your role requires.
Within your online course you will have access to:
- Course assignments
- Glossary of key terms
- Practice exams and more
Is a Designation Worth It?
If you have questions about whether to pursue a designation versus an MBA, why our students choose The Institutes Designations programs, or where to begin, we’ve got the answers! Download our guide, “Take Your Career to the Next Level,” to learn why a designation is worth the investment.
Not Ready for ARC? We've got you covered.
Try one of these to get started and gain the skills you need to advance your career.
Associate in Insurance.
Select the program path that matches your career goals and gain foundational knowledge in risk management and insurance.
Gain a basic understanding of risk management and insurance concepts. Learn key terms and definitions, understand the different types of insurance, and explore how insurance affects society and the economy.