Learn how to leverage data and technology to drive strategic decisions and elevate your organization's competitive advantage. After completing CPCU 550, you'll be able to use data to strengthen the insurance value chain, expedite claims settlements to serve customers more effectively, use risk modeling to identify the biggest customer threats, and more.
Skills You’ll Gain
Leverage technology and data to settle claims quicker and more efficiently
Use data to further contribute to the insurance value chain and elevate your organization's competitive advantage
Use risk modeling to identify and mitigate the biggest threats to customers so you can help manage their loss exposures more effectively
Make strategic claims and underwriting decisions by collecting and analyzing extensive data sets
Ready-Made Career Skills:
- Strategic Data Analysis
- Data Analytics
- Strategic Decision Making
- Data Ethics
- Loss Prevention Strategies
- Risk Analytics
Exam Prep Tools
CPCU 550 comes with proven, comprehensive study materials to help you take The Institutes Designations' exam with confidence:
- Online Course and Printed Course Book: Learn in the format that works best for you, depending on the course package you choose.
- Printable Study Outline: Perfect for taking notes, the printable study outline has key points for each assignment and review questions (and answers!) to help you test your knowledge as you move through the course.
- Practice Quizzes: Quickly see where your knowledge gaps are with online practice quizzes for each assignment and for the full course. Plus, you can take them as many times as you want.
- Simulated Exam: Designed to give you the full experience of your final exam, the simulated exam is a timed exam that you can take only once. It mimics the exam structure and level of questions you’ll find on the actual exam. Students who take their Institutes simulated exam pass their exams at higher rates than students who don’t.
- Discussion Boards: Understand how concepts you're learning apply to real-life, professional experiences by connecting, gaining tips, and sharing best practices with other individuals in your field.
- Flashcards: Test yourself on key terms with printable flashcards to help you fit studying into your busy schedule.
- Does this course give me credit toward The Institutes Designations? Yes! CPCU 550 gives you credit toward CPCU as a core course. If you are completing CPCU through the ARM Path to CPCU, CPCU 550 can also count as an elective. For this to be visible in your Progress Tracker, you need to have passed at least 1 ARM exam as well as the CPCU 550 exam.
- How long does the course take? CPCU 550 typically takes students 6-8 weeks to complete.
- How is The Institutes Designations' exam structured? Virtual exams are timed. You will have 65 minutes to complete 50 questions.
- What’s included in my course materials? The recommended course package includes the online course, a printed course book, a printable study outline, as well as assignment quizzes, practice exams, a simulated credentialing exam, flashcards, and discussion boards. The online only package contains all of the same study tools except the printed course book.
- How do testing windows work? We offer The Institutes Designations' exams in 4 testing windows throughout the year. You can complete your exam at any time in the testing window that you registered for. Access your exam from your account when the window opens and complete any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the final day of the window.
- Quarter 1: January 15 – March 15
- Quarter 2: April 15 – June 15
- Quarter 3: July 15 – September 15
- Quarter 4: October 15 – December 15