Build the foundation you need to understand the business of insurance, so you can better collaborate and prepare for real-world scenarios to improve your operational effectiveness. After completing CPCU 520, you'll be able to confidently lead teams, solve strategic business challenges, and gain a deeper understanding of how insurer departments collaborate and support each other across the insurance value chain.
Skills You’ll Gain
Lead teams confidently with a solid understanding of how insurer departments connect with one another
Solve strategic business challenges with a comprehensive view of the insurance landscape
Build your insurer strategic management skills to make yourself a vital part of your organization’s future
Master the details of insurance marketing and distribution systems to empower underwriters and producers
Ready-Made Career Skills:
- Strategic Leadership
- Cross-Organization Collaboration
- Claims Resolution
- Insurance Marketing
- Risk Control
- Insurance Operations
Exam Prep Tools
CPCU 520 comes with proven, comprehensive study materials to help you take The Institutes Designations' exam with confidence:
- Online Course and Printed Course Book: Learn in the format that works best for you, depending on the course package you choose.
- Printable Study Outline: Perfect for taking notes, the printable study outline has key points for each assignment and review questions (and answers!) to help you test your knowledge as you move through the course.
- Practice Quizzes: Quickly see where your knowledge gaps are with online practice quizzes for each assignment and for the full course. Plus, you can take them as many times as you want.
- Simulated Exam: Designed to give you the full experience of your final exam, the simulated exam is a timed exam that you can take only once. It mimics the exam structure and level of questions you’ll find on the actual exam. Students who take their Institutes simulated exam pass their exams at higher rates than students who don’t.
- Discussion Boards: Understand how concepts you're learning apply to real-life, professional experiences by connecting, gaining tips, and sharing best practices with other individuals in your field.
- Flashcards: Test yourself on key terms with printable flashcards to help you fit studying into your busy schedule.
- Does this course give me credit toward The Institutes Designations? Yes! CPCU 520 gives you credit toward the CPCU, Associate in Data Analytics (AIDA), Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF), Associate in Marine Insurance Management (AMIM), Associate in Premium Auditing (APA), Associate in Regulation and Compliance (ARC), Associate in Management (AIM), and the Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designations.
- How long does the course take? CPCU 520 typically takes students 6-8 weeks to complete.
- How is The Institutes Designations' exam structured? Virtual exams are timed. You will have 65 minutes to complete 50 questions.
- What’s included in my course materials? The recommended course package includes the online course, a printed course book, a printable study outline, as well as assignment quizzes, practice exams, a simulated credentialing exam, flashcards, and discussion boards. The online only package contains all of the same study tools except the printed course book.
- How do testing windows work? We offer The Institutes Designations' exams in 4 testing windows throughout the year. You can complete your exam at any time in the testing window that you registered for. Access your exam from your account when the window opens and complete any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the final day of the window.
- Quarter 1: January 15 – March 15
- Quarter 2: April 15 – June 15
- Quarter 3: July 15 – September 15
- Quarter 4: October 15 – December 15