Gain the skills you need to clearly explain and recommend personal insurance options to customers. After completing CPCU 555, you’ll be able to analyze home and personal auto loss exposures, identify life and health insurance gaps for customers, recommend personal investment strategies, and more.
Skills You’ll Gain
Analyze personal auto and homeowners’ loss exposures so you can choose the best risk management techniques for your customers
Help homeowners understand what their liabilities are and recommend coverage to best manage them
Confidently explain auto and residential property coverage benefits so customers feel taken care of by the coverage you recommend
Assess individual financial needs of your customers to help safeguard their financial future
Ready-Made Career Skills:
- Personal Insurance
- Personal Lines Auto
- Homeowners Insurance
- Risk Management
- Risk Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Life Insurance
Exam Prep Tools
CPCU 555 comes with proven, comprehensive study materials to help you take The Institutes Designations' exam with confidence:
- Online Course and Printed Course Book: Learn in the format that works best for you, depending on the course package you choose.
- Printable Study Outline: Perfect for taking notes, the printable study outline has key points for each assignment and review questions (and answers!) to help you test your knowledge as you move through the course.
- Practice Quizzes: Quickly see where your knowledge gaps are with online practice quizzes for each assignment and for the full course. Plus, you can take them as many times as you want.
- Simulated Exam: Designed to give you the full experience of your final exam, the simulated exam is a timed exam that you can take only once. It mimics the exam structure and level of questions you’ll find on the actual exam. Students who take their Institutes simulated exam pass their exams at higher rates than students who don’t.
- Discussion Boards: Understand how concepts you're learning apply to real-life, professional experiences by connecting, gaining tips, and sharing best practices with other individuals in your field.
- Flashcards: Test yourself on key terms with printable flashcards to help you fit studying into your busy schedule.
- Does this course give me credit toward The Institutes Designations? Yes! CPCU 555 gives you credit toward the CPCU and Associate in Personal Insurance (API) designations.
- How long does the course take? CPCU 555 typically takes students 6-8 weeks to complete.
- How is The Institutes Designations' exam structured? Virtual exams are timed. You will have 65 minutes to complete 50 questions.
- What’s included in my course materials? The recommended course package includes the online course, a printed course book, a printable study outline, as well as assignment quizzes, practice exams, a simulated credentialing exam, flashcards, and discussion boards. The online only package contains all of the same study tools except the printed course book.
- How do testing windows work? We offer The Institutes Designations' exams in 4 testing windows throughout the year. You can complete your exam at any time in the testing window that you registered for. Access your exam from your account when the window opens and complete any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the final day of the window.
- Quarter 1: January 15 – March 15
- Quarter 2: April 15 – June 15
- Quarter 3: July 15 – September 15
- Quarter 4: October 15 – December 15