The Next 24 Hours
You've spent weeks preparing for exam day. Now it's time to put what you've learned to the test. Be ready for exam day in advance: get your testing space ready, gather the necessary documents, and get a good night's rest. Here's our top tips for a great start.
The Night Before Your Exam
You might feel some jitters the night before your exam. It's ok, most of us do! Here are a few things that may help lessen some anxiety.
- Pick a testing location that is quiet and free of distraction. Consider placing a testing sign on the door to remind others that you can't be interrupted!
- Check your internet connection to be sure it is strong and stable. Consider asking others in your household to stay offline while you are testing.
- Be sure that your internet-connected device is plugged in or fully charged, and includes Chrome, Firefox or IE 11 or higher.
- Print your exam confirmation notice and check your photo ID for an exact name match.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early to give yourself ample time to park and check in.
How to Prepare For Your Exam
Christian Whitt, CPCU, AINS, shares her best exam taking tips, including how to effectively use the clock, keep a tally of the questions as you go through the exam, and more!
The Day of Your Exam
Virtual Exams begin after you log in to your Institutes account, click on My Courses, and find your exam.
- Complete the Exam Administration Affidavit and Agreement, agreeing to The Institutes’ Code of Academic and Professional Integrity and The Institutes Rules of Conduct.
On-site center rules vary. Reach out to your on-site test administrator to learn of any specific rules you need to follow in addition to The Institutes Rules of Conduct. You can find the contact information for your test administrator in your exam confirmation notice.
Prometric Security is very strict to ensure the integrity of all exams taken at their facility. View Prometric's policies and procedures for more details.
You Did It! Now What?
You will know whether you passed immediately after finishing your exam. For a full breakdown of how you did by topic area, check out your grade report. Your grade report will be available 24 to 48 hours after your exam in the Exams & Grades section of your Institutes account.