Conquering Exam Day
Preparing for your exam day can feel challenging. Arrive prepared and confident with this overview of what to expect.
The Next 24 Hours
You've spent weeks preparing for exam day. Now it's time to put what you've learned to the test. Arriving ready on exam day starts 24 hours before with gathering the necessary documents and getting a good night's rest. Here's our top tips to getting off to a great start.
The Night Before Your Exam
You might feel some jitters the night before your exam. It's ok, most of us do. Here are a few things that we recommend to help lessen some of the anxiety.
- Print your exam confirmation notice.
- You’ll need to bring a copy of your notice and your photo ID to your exam. The name on your ID must exactly match your name as it appears on your exam confirmation notice. If they don’t match, please contact us at least one week before your appointment.
- To print it out, log in to your account, navigate to Learning Resources, and then View/Cancel Registrations.
- Google your testing center.
- See how long it will take you to get there and plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early to give yourself ample time to find parking and check in.
- Get a good night’s rest and set an alarm.
- Try to get some sleep. Studies have proved that pulling an all-nighter makes you extremely tired and may have a detrimental impact on your learning power.
- Don’t forget to set an alarm!
For more information about Exam Day procedures, check out the exam registration booklet.Exam Registration Booklet
How to Prepare For Your Exam
Hear from one of our students, Christian Whitt, CPCU, AINS, as she shares her best exam taking tips, including how to effectively use the clock, keep a tally of the questions as you go through the exam, and more!
The Day of Your Exam
On your drive, try your best to relax. Whether that means jamming out to your favorite Spotify playlist, listening to a podcast or mindful meditation, do what works best for you. To help alleviate any exam-day butterflies, here’s what to expect once you arrive for your test.
The Institutes’ rules:
- There are no scheduled breaks during the exam. If you have to use the restroom, you are required to sign out and sign back in, and you must return within five minutes. The exam clock will continue to run while you are away.
- Referring to any study material during any break is prohibited.
- You’re not allowed to communicate with anyone other than the test administrator during your exam and any restroom breaks.
- Be sure to check your phone/messages before your exam because you will be unable to access your phone during your exam.
On-site center rules:
The rules vary depending on the center. Reach out directly to your on-site test administrator to learn whether they have any specific rules you need to follow in addition to The Institutes’ rules. You can find the contact information for your test administrator in your exam confirmation notice.
Security at Prometric is very strict to ensure the integrity of all exams taken at their facility, view Prometric's policies and procedures for more details.Prometric Policies and Procedures
You Did It! Now What?
You will know whether you passed immediately after finishing your exam. For a full breakdown of how you did by topic area, check out your grade report. Your grade report will be available 24 to 48 hours after your exam in the Exams & Grades section of your Institutes account.